Tuesday 2 August 2011

Fighting the urge not to ride...

With the summer evenings so light and warm, I've found myself fighting the urge not to ride.

Like a giddy child I couldn't wait to get out on Sunday and Monday evenings, but once chores and work were done it was edging 8pm, only leaving time for 20-30 miles.

Today I had more time for biking. I met Ed Sherwin for a quick lunchtime spin around Ashton Court, following that with an evening ride, "taking the long way home from work".

I clocked up almost two and a half hours today, taking in two laps of the new Ashton Court trails, plus Leigh Woods and the Pill path along the River Avon.

Ashton Court seems like it's getting busier by the day - families, groups of teenagers, MAMILs were all there today - but Leigh Woods is still an undiscovered joy. Routes that wind their way through the woodland with countless tributaries. It's a wooded wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment